11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the answer but I need reassurance. This chick is playing major soccer. All my eggs were nearly in a circle and he has destroyed my circle and they’re all over the place. Some of the pip holes are toward the bottom now due to rolling them. Will they be okay? I have zero plans to remove the chick til it’s fluffy and until all external pips have zipped out which may be a while.

I set 6 fbcm eggs at 11:00 am on March 21st. So far only one has pipped (which it did between 2-8am yesterday) it pipped I’m wrong end of the egg. None of the others have pipped. I’m trying to be patient lol.

Attachments

• 265D167D-DB08-4A57-824F-1B5386D43FC0.jpeg
    265D167D-DB08-4A57-824F-1B5386D43FC0.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 5
I know the answer but I need reassurance. This chick is playing major soccer. All my eggs were nearly in a circle and he has destroyed my circle and they’re all over the place. Some of the pip holes are toward the bottom now due to rolling them. Will they be okay? I have zero plans to remove the chick til it’s fluffy and until all external pips have zipped out which may be a while.
I'd take it out but that's just me. They'll be fine though. That's why I use the plastic baskets so they can't play soccer. It drives me crazy when they do that 🤪

I set 6 fbcm eggs at 11:00 am on March 21st. So far only one has pipped (which it did between 2-8am yesterday) it pipped I’m wrong end of the egg. None of the others have pipped. I’m trying to be patient lol.
remember that when they pip on the wrong end they are making an internal pip(witch we do not usually see) and an external pip all at the same time so it may Feel like it takes forever for them to be ready to move to the next stage of zipping. the time from the internal pip to the external pip on a normally positioned chick can be 24 hours??? and then the same number from the external to the zip if memory serves me??? it might be helpfull to read the assisted hatching guide here on byc

remember that when they pip on the wrong end they are making an internal pip(witch we do not usually see) and an external pip all at the same time so it may Feel like it takes forever for them to be ready to move to the next stage of zipping. the time from the internal pip to the external pip on a normally positioned chick can be 24 hours??? and then the same number from the external to the zip if memory serves me??? it might be helpfull to read the assisted hatching guide here on byc
I have read a couple but I’ll keep reading..I need to kill time that’s for sure lol. She’s chirping along so I’m just letting her do her thing for now. I’m more worried that none of the other 5 have pipped...Since I know my temps have been accurate and constant...just seems a little late.

I have read a couple but I’ll keep reading..I need to kill time that’s for sure lol. She’s chirping along so I’m just letting her do her thing for now. I’m more worried that none of the other 5 have pipped...Since I know my temps have been accurate and constant...just seems a little late.
well they may be internally piped just waiting to externally pip.... I have had hatches as late as 2-3 days after day 21 and been fine. Dark shells are hard because it is difficult to candle and keep an eye on the development. how did your air cells look at lockdown???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom