11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of our 7 we had 1 hatch. We are happy to have our little bantam cochin baby. I bought her some siblings to be with.

20200410_161517.jpg
20200411_144125.jpg

We're at the point now of whisper/shouting don't wake the baby when anyone goes near the incubator...on the rare occasion the lone chick is sleeping. She is a talker when awake, not distressed just very chirpy! She will need a feisty name. I should have known, when I candled eggs before lockdown I felt her egg "kick" my hand. I was thinking it must have been my imagination, now I'm not so sure! She wants out, she wants adventure I guess! When she won't settle we play chase the flashlight beam. When I put more water into the exterior cup she watches then tries to poke her beak down the half moon hole, hard to explain unless you also have a Nurture Right 360. It appears the more sedate chicks is finally starting to work at getting out. If nobody else is pipping when chick 2 is out and dry I can finally take them out of the incubator. Chick 1 has a whole world to explore, she is ready!

Attachments

• DSCF1199 (2).JPG
    DSCF1199 (2).JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom