11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being so AWOL on this thread! I have had a couple of early hatchers (they hatched on Wednesday/Thursday!), pic attached :). Three hatched out of the 8 eggs I set - not what I was hoping for, but I'm still so happy with the ones that did hatch.

Two are pictured here, plus my dog photo bombing.

Happy Easter everyone!
20200408_190913.jpg

Meet Nevaeh and Anastasia... They aren't meat ducks I decided 😁 BOTH are confirmed female by vent sexing. I'll say it's 90% chance they're female. Only 2 ducklings hatched, but our ducks are new to laying this spring so next hatch will be better. I got 5 chicks as well.

View attachment 2086398

View attachment 2086399
They're precious! How many did you lockdown?

I have a 4th duckling zipping right now! They've sure kept us waiting but are totally worth it.

12 have hatched!! The last 2 don’t have any pips yet
I wanted to avoid using one of our hen’s egg because she is not even a year old yet (will be early this summer) I guess I accidentally used one of her eggs and I know this because she is an Ayam Cemani mix so the black color takes over all the other colors (In my experience with all the Ayam Cemanis I’ve hatched)
The chick is super adorable but she has a scissor break:barnie
I can’t blame her. It was my fault—I’m just disappointed 😔
It’s not bad though and she will most likely survive.
*when she is dried to will post some pictures*
There is another that is struggling by getting dried it hasn’t been long though so I’ll give her some more time. But she seems really weak—
Edit: she can never seem to stay upright and is always struggling on her back
Hoping for the best :fl

Happy Easter y’all!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom