11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Post!!

6BEA9C91-79D0-4015-93AF-EF105CB92634.jpeg
0E05D63B-466D-498C-8998-F30D51746783.jpeg
5744E06B-35B5-4DE5-859F-D13EB3F2F21F.jpeg
5EE7B1D2-5E21-4B35-82CF-6D4D1EEF1766.jpeg

4/5 eggs, I’d say that’s a win (5th egg wasn’t developing). I hope everyone enjoys their chicks, can’t wait to do this again next year.

Or maybe sooner. ;)

Day 22, I have 16 chicks in the brooder right now. a chick trying to get out of its egg didn't make it and there are 13 that still have to hatch. Love all of my chicks. They are being super noisy and want more friends lol. I didn't think I'd end up with so many chicks. Do any of you guys know a way of sexing chicks that actually works?

Day 22, I have 16 chicks in the brooder right now. a chick trying to get out of its egg didn't make it and there are 13 that still have to hatch. Love all of my chicks. They are being super noisy and want more friends lol. I didn't think I'd end up with so many chicks. Do any of you guys know a way of sexing chicks that actually works?
Unless it is a sexlinked cross or an auto sexing breed, the only way is vent sexing. That is done by an expert and just after hatching. If done correctly it is more than 95% accurate

I’m still thinking not fertilised...right? ☹

View attachment 2093887

I just went through this with my friend's rooster. She still isn't getting fertilized eggs. We incubated multiple times and opened so many eggs. Some eggs really do look like there is a clear bullseye even when they aren't ferilized. I don't have a rooster in my flock so I started cracking mine open too and sure enough some of the blastodiscs were large enough that they gave the impression of a fertilized egg. No harm in trying again though! I say keep trying until you're successful. My friend and I started to think that maybe her rooster is sterile but I may try again since it's been a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom