1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Araucana Hatching Eggs - NPIP CA

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by shanshan51, Apr 15, 2013.

1. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    [​IMG]
    My husband and I fell in love with the the rumpless tufted Araucana breed when we noticed that they had the funniest personalities. We found them to be quite unique due to their tufts that are composed of a group of feathers that grow from a protruding flap of skin located near the ear, called a peduncle.
    [​IMG]
    The tufts gene is lethal when present on both chromosomes (homozygous) so we have found it best to breed our tufted Rooster to our cleanfaced Hens. When you purchase chicks or adult birds from us the can be a mixture of tufted and clean-faced birds. There is wide variability in the size and shape of tufts which we are perfecting with every generation. Come and visit our farm and you will see that our Araucanas are quite showy with their tufts which makes for an unforgettable impression! O-yeah and don't forget they lay true blue eggs!
    [​IMG]

To purchase Araucana hatching eggs send $57 to [email protected] on Paypal and orders will be sent out in the order they are received.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Araucanas are my favorite birds! You have some nice looking stock! Good luck.

3. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Thank you!

4. lori13

lori13 New Egg

Jun 3, 2013
    What is the cost to ship to Idaho

5. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    I ship up to 2 dozen for a total of $15.50. They are individually bubble wrapped and I send extras.

6. kevinmcd32

kevinmcd32 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Wellington , Texas
    I am looking for a young Treo of true araucanas araucana rumpless and Tufted any help ? thanks kevin [​IMG]

7. shanshan51

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Hi There,

I can put a trio together of birds that are around 3 months old. It would include a black double tufted cockerel, a golden duckwing cf pullet with tail, and another black pullet.

8. chickydoos

chickydoos Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    missouri
    Would you sell a dozen eggs for $25? And what would shipping be to st louis, mo area? I gotta have some of these! Ive always wanted araucanas but no one around me has any...

9. terrysteph

terrysteph Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2013
    Kentucky
    Is the offer of 24 for 50.00 plus shipping still available? Sorry, just seeing the add but would like to place an order if they are still laying. Thanks.

10. theadvocate19

theadvocate19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Brooksville, Florida
    Re-reviving, definitely interested. Tampa bay, Florida. Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by