1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Assorted Polish hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illia, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    UPDATED

Want some fun colors in your flock? Are you missing out on the classic white eggs, but don't want boring 'ol Leghorns?

Up for auction are 12 Polish hatching eggs. These eggs will all be fathered by two different Tolbunt Polish and are laid by Silver Laced, Gold Laced, and/or White Crested Black Polish.

Your chances for White Crested Black mothers are much higher, but you're gauranteed to still get some Tolbunt splits in here. The chicks will all hatch out with nicely sized crests, beards, and showy coloring. You have a very small chance of getting frizzled chicks, as my smooth is a much more "successful" male.

- The White Crested Black crosses will hatch out a variety of partially gold laced, mostly black, or partridge-esque in appearance with a slight chance for minimal mottling.
    - The Silver Laced crosses will be sex-linked; the females will be gold laced with a chance of mottling (tolbunt colored) and the males will be mostly yellow and white w/lacing and a chance of mottling.
    - The Gold Laced crosses will be gold laced with a chance of mottling (tolbunt colored)

All of the offspring will be split for mottled, they all have a chance of showing some slight mottling but not much. Photos shown are of hens with clipped crests; Gold Laced hens not in photos yet, but all have great lacing, beard/muffs, and good body size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Polish are extremely hardy to both cold and heat, they're very friendly, very dependable layers of white eggs, and one Silver Laced has even gone broody before. These Polish are not flighty, dumb, or aggressive and some people fear them to be! They are among my two favorite breeds and with good reason. I pasture/free range my girls in a mixed flock and give my boys a very large, grassy run, and they all fair very well with their environment. Fertility is absolutely excellent over here, at 100%

These eggs will be shipped to the winning bid on Tuesday, April 19th. I take payments vial Paypal.

Good luck bidding! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

tsk tsk You had me right up to "boring ol' leghorns'..... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    This just isn't fair, Illia! [​IMG] Now I want them... but just don't have time to hatch and raise chickies right now.

Darn you and your gorgeous tolbunts.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Well now, there are indeed some gorgeous Leghorns out there, but most people are used to the white ones. The big issue I think most relate white eggs to though are skittish, skinny birds.

As a note - I will try and collect the tolbunt prospects for myself, but if there's a time when a bunch of girls are laying at once and I don't know who's is who's, that is when the buyer is in luck. I will label the eggs I know the mom to, and the unlabelled ones are your lucky eggs for a tolbunt colored chick.

I know, I'm a tease, right? [​IMG] The solution is getting another incubator. You can never have enough incubators. . . Or broody hens. I'm setting my Polish eggs in a few days under a couple hens who just barely went broody. Nice cut-back on the feed and electric bill.

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I know. I should have never got rid of that cochin [​IMG]

6. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    What type of comb does the Smooth Tolbunt Roo have? I can't tell from the picture... Is it a V?

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Can I come in a bid just because scbatz33 would not do me a favor? hehehehehe Beautiful birds.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:I'm afraid it is a leaf/butterfly type, likely half V, half single, but I'm not sure. When I crossed him with a single combed bird, I got a bunch of chicks with single combs (no V, but all had crooked single combs as if about to turn into a V type) and one with what appeared to either be an immature V or a pea type comb. Hard to say so far. But, in a nutshell, it is one of his faults that I'm working to improve with the girls.

The frizzle has absolutely no comb at all, and a nice cavernous pair of nostrils, unlike the smooth.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If this were for an even dozen.. I'd be bidding. Pretty birds.

10. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Hahaha. You are soooo funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by