12 Assorted Polish hatching eggs

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
UPDATED

Want some fun colors in your flock? Are you missing out on the classic white eggs, but don't want boring 'ol Leghorns?

Up for auction are 12 Polish hatching eggs. These eggs will all be fathered by two different Tolbunt Polish and are laid by Silver Laced, Gold Laced, and/or White Crested Black Polish.

Your chances for White Crested Black mothers are much higher, but you're gauranteed to still get some Tolbunt splits in here. The chicks will all hatch out with nicely sized crests, beards, and showy coloring. You have a very small chance of getting frizzled chicks, as my smooth is a much more "successful" male.

- The White Crested Black crosses will hatch out a variety of partially gold laced, mostly black, or partridge-esque in appearance with a slight chance for minimal mottling.
- The Silver Laced crosses will be sex-linked; the females will be gold laced with a chance of mottling (tolbunt colored) and the males will be mostly yellow and white w/lacing and a chance of mottling.
- The Gold Laced crosses will be gold laced with a chance of mottling (tolbunt colored)

All of the offspring will be split for mottled, they all have a chance of showing some slight mottling but not much. Photos shown are of hens with clipped crests; Gold Laced hens not in photos yet, but all have great lacing, beard/muffs, and good body size.

5553955441_92046b6744_z.jpg

5405019975_3b535c183d_z.jpg

5405627422_7790ed9304_z.jpg

My Polish are extremely hardy to both cold and heat, they're very friendly, very dependable layers of white eggs, and one Silver Laced has even gone broody before. These Polish are not flighty, dumb, or aggressive and some people fear them to be! They are among my two favorite breeds and with good reason. I pasture/free range my girls in a mixed flock and give my boys a very large, grassy run, and they all fair very well with their environment. Fertility is absolutely excellent over here, at 100%

These eggs will be shipped to the winning bid on Tuesday, April 19th. I take payments vial Paypal.

Good luck bidding!
smile.png

Last edited:
This just isn't fair, Illia!
lol.png
Now I want them... but just don't have time to hatch and raise chickies right now.

Darn you and your gorgeous tolbunts.

Quote:
Well now, there are indeed some gorgeous Leghorns out there, but most people are used to the white ones. The big issue I think most relate white eggs to though are skittish, skinny birds.

As a note - I will try and collect the tolbunt prospects for myself, but if there's a time when a bunch of girls are laying at once and I don't know who's is who's, that is when the buyer is in luck. I will label the eggs I know the mom to, and the unlabelled ones are your lucky eggs for a tolbunt colored chick.

I know, I'm a tease, right?
lol.png
The solution is getting another incubator. You can never have enough incubators. . . Or broody hens. I'm setting my Polish eggs in a few days under a couple hens who just barely went broody. Nice cut-back on the feed and electric bill.

Can I come in a bid just because scbatz33 would not do me a favor? hehehehehe Beautiful birds.

Quote:
I'm afraid it is a leaf/butterfly type, likely half V, half single, but I'm not sure. When I crossed him with a single combed bird, I got a bunch of chicks with single combs (no V, but all had crooked single combs as if about to turn into a V type) and one with what appeared to either be an immature V or a pea type comb. Hard to say so far. But, in a nutshell, it is one of his faults that I'm working to improve with the girls.

The frizzle has absolutely no comb at all, and a nice cavernous pair of nostrils, unlike the smooth.

Back
Top Bottom