12+ bantam Salmon / Blue Salmon Faverolle eggs

~MegChristine:) :

Quote:
The bantams that are currently in my breeding pen all came from Henry Cammack, who does not have any birds left at present. His flock came from Leisha Comer, Hattrick, and Dick Boulanger (at least the ones that my birds came from, I think he added more later).
smile.png

Your so lucky to have them!!
smile.png
They are so hard to find in Indiana! I would kill to have atleast one hen!! Could your crosses breed with a salmon, then produce chickens that look just like their daddy? Im confussing myself!!
big_smile.png

Hmmm...crosses? What do you mean?

I think she is asking if you cross a salmon to a blue what do you get? I assume you get salmon, blue and splash? I have a young flock of Large fowl salmons and I simply love them. I would love to see what one of these splashes looks like! Beautiful birds by the way!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ahh...I wondered if that was it. These aren't salmon to blue, they are salmon and blue salmon. The roo pictured is a blue salmon. The "splash" is actually a splash salmon. It works the same was as black/ blue / splash. If you breed blue salmon to blue salmon you get salmon, blue salmon and splash salmon. I've never hatched a splash salmon roo from this group, but there are pics of splash salmon on the Faverolles thread. I also don't have a pic of a fully mature bantam salmon roo at the moment, but here is a pic of a large fowl salmon roo:

15879_006.jpg

The boys change A LOT as they grow. Here are some youngster bantam salmon cockerels that I'm growing out right now:

15879_salmonboys.jpg
15879_salmonboy2.jpg

And a blue salmon very young cockerel:

15879_bluesalmonboy.jpg

if this helps you out, this is what a splash salmon fav roo may look like (he's about 13 mo). he is starting to molt so he doesn't look his best just yet! he is with a buff fav who is about 5 months but she is still filling out.
25630_01pixiepidgie8-11.jpg

this was him as a 2-3 month old chick.
25630_pixie8-10.jpg

not a problem! he is actually one of the son's of the HatTrick Roo that came from Henry! i think your sterile roo is one of the few brothers that are out there! Dad has produced more girls than boys!
lol.png

Chickie'sMoma :

not a problem! he is actually one of the son's of the HatTrick Roo that came from Henry! i think your sterile roo is one of the few brothers that are out there! Dad has produced more girls than boys!
lol.png

Nope my sterile roo is from Leisha, but the hen in the standing pic could be related, she's Hattrick.
smile.png

Quote:
The bantam Favs quickly became some of my favorites when I got them. The pic in the 3rd post of my son with the blue salmon roo was 3 days after my poor little dude broke his arm falling off a play structure. He used that roo, "Duncan", because we needed a bird that would be super awesome for showmanship at fair that day, just stand on the table and be a perfect gentleman. And it's not just Duncan, they are almost all that way!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom