12 call eggs in the incubater yesterday in NJ!

Right now I have 24 on the bottom shelf with movement, due to pip Saturday or Sunday...hopefully nobody decides to quit on me before then, but if they do, that's ducks under the bridge.
wink.png

Today was supposed to be hatch day, but up until a little while ago not a pip. We went out to dinner for my birthday and when we got back two eggs had tiny pips in them. I guess this is the start. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we have a good hatch!

Vicki & Jaime

"We found a local woman here in NJ that raises many species and rehomes duck, so we took the hour drive and picked up 12 call eggs. We felt it was better than ordering and having them shipped. Less stress and trama for our precious babies. The duck farm was amazing. She has so many species of ducks. Calls, Wood Ducks, Mandarines, and so many more. We really enjoyed seeing all 300 ducks! They all seemed happy. She used to rehome injured animals so she had some exotic geese, and even a peacock!"

Is that lady's name Barbara by chance? If so, I've been there and we've traded some ducks back and forth too. I just got a new Mandarin drake from her to go with my lone female Mandy. Her farm is amazing if you're talking about her!
It would be nice to have more duck/ bird people in NJ though too, so if its not her, please PM me her contact info? I"m looking for some local wood ducks I can adopt.
Lisa

Chickenlisa her name was Candy. What town is Barbara in? We woke up today to one egg zipped and one egg has a hole with his little beek poking through! There are two others that have little pips, but haven't broken the shell. One egg looks like it died. There is a dark round spot and it is getting larger. Hopefully the two we see actively hatching will be out later today.

Vicki & Jaime

They are hatching OMG We are sooo eggsited!!! Two zipped and hatched. There are two that have a few pips and two that aren't doing anything. Please send good hatching vibes to us here in Toms River, NJ. This is just so exciting!! I was late for work and it is killing me that I am not home.

Vicki & Jaime

We have 5 calls hatched and the 6th egg is not doing anythng. We will keep it in the incubtor for a couple more days. We will post pictures when we get them in the brooder.

Vicki & Jaime

Back
Top Bottom