12 day old quail pics

lagpmgdsls

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Here is an updated pic of my 2 week old Quail...most are jumbos and 3 are regular size. You can see how much bigger the jumbos are in the pic...they were 12 days old in this pic.

27214_img_1462.jpg

Well, my first plan was to raise them for eggs but if I have 2 many roos in this bunch I may need to have some meat also. I just don't know that I can do it...the act ...ya know.

A friend of mine says she would do it for me if needed...she also has chickens and ducks so she done it before.

Within the next 2 weeks I will have a total of 5 pens for the quail...ideally I will have a total of 6 roos and 20-25 hens. That would be plenty of eggs for consumption plus extras.

I have 1 hen and 1 roo who are just about 8 weeks...she has laid me an egg everyday since last Monday.

I'm new to quail and need to learn alot before my eggs hatch. If you could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. I hear that it takes 18 days for them to hatch, it that right? Also, how do you tell the hen from roo? Do they eat the same starter as chickens or do they need something different? They start laying eggs at 8 weeks old? Thats amazing.

I can't find 28% around here so I give 24% and supplement with some other protien daily...usually meal worms or hard boiled egg. They go absolutley nuts over the meal worms...its so fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom