12 hours not enough to build a coop :( Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dawj, May 29, 2011.

1. dawj

dawj Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Central NH
    Well with all the rain I took today off from both jobs. Gave myself 12 hours to build the coop to have failed [​IMG] . But here are some pictures.
    I still have to trim pop door, Screen and Cloth window, Ventalation over pop door, above nest and on back side of coop. Secure roost and build roost under window. Run power and put a flower box under window. I used the KREG Jig (bought off TV and never used til now) to join lumber and wagner power painter to paint most everything I got back in 1995 and never used until now lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bought a solar trickle charger and seemed to work well today to run a 12 volt fan (16 Dollars at lowes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

May not be done, but you did an incredible job in 12 hours!!!!

3. walkerkm

walkerkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    Very nice! Love the Moxie in the photos as well [​IMG] love Moxie!

4. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Very nice! [​IMG]

5. offmyroost

offmyroost Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Enviable!!![​IMG]

6. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Very cute [​IMG] But I'd replace the chicken wire with some of that welded wire, racoons and such can bite through that chicken wire like butter.

7. dawj

Apr 28, 2011
    Central NH
    Drank a 12 pk of Moxie today no lunch break but mosquitoes had me for lunch most of the day and sun block didn't work well today either.
    6am to 7:20 pm flew today working on this coop. Now i have to figure out where i am moving the 2 square foot garden boxes that were here where the coop is now. Sorry I didn't take pics of every step but I knew time wasn't on my side to get this done. I am hoping to find time for ventalation so I can get the girls out of the house. Down to one rooster (thank you craigslist) They don't smell too bad (stall dry pellets in crate) but the DUST is sooooo bad in the house.
    The watched me work all day from inside one of my Square foot garden box covers (keeps animals from using my garden for a Diner)
    [​IMG]

8. dawj

Apr 28, 2011
    Central NH
    Quote:I only used chicken wire between floor joist and 7/8 plywood floor incase someone ever decided to try to chew they would taste metal ( I don't think anything will chew through 7/8 plywood but just in case) I have a 100' roll of hardware cloth for everything else.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:I only used chicken wire between floor joist and 7/8 plywood incase someone ever decided to try to chew they would taste metal ( I don't think anything will chew through 7/8 plywood but just in case) I have a 100' roll of hardware cloth for everything else.

Ahaa, okay. [​IMG] Don't want you to loose any.

10. melinda342

melinda342 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    East Texas
    I'm jealous. I can't really have a big nice coop because I'm not supposed to have chickens where I live so my chickens have to be quiet and sleep inside thue house in a dog kennel [​IMG] it looks great so far

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by