12 hours not enough to build a coop :( Pic Heavy

thumbsup.gif
love.gif
Looks GREAT to me!
I'd say your chickens will love their new home:yiipchick
celebrate.gif

I am planning on 10x10 with a 4' and 6' wall for the pitched roof (recycled metal roofing i got for free).

Last edited:
12 hours dang. I figured a couple of weekends should do it. That was almost two months ago

I just finished (finished being a relative term) a "coop". Turned out more like a small barn. The living quarters for the lads and ladies is 10x12 with below grade dirt floors under which a layer of chicken wire is covered by a layer of poulty fencing (2x4) stapled and framed to the 4x6 ground frame and covered with 3 inches of dirt. I plan on using the deep litter method. The quarters have 4 21x48" industrial windows I salvaged that can be cracked or cranked wide open. The walls are 8 feet high. This opens to another 10x12 "room" via a residential double door (also salvaged). Room 2 is currently open on one side. I am thinking of adding sliding barn doors on the open side (advice being solicited). The roof extends six feet out in front the length of the "coop" farmers porch style. The whole structure will soon sit inside of 500 linear ft of fencing

Back
Top Bottom