12 hours not enough to build a coop :( Pic Heavy

dawj

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Central NH
Well with all the rain I took today off from both jobs. Gave myself 12 hours to build the coop to have failed
sad.png
. But here are some pictures.
I still have to trim pop door, Screen and Cloth window, Ventalation over pop door, above nest and on back side of coop. Secure roost and build roost under window. Run power and put a flower box under window. I used the KREG Jig (bought off TV and never used til now) to join lumber and wagner power painter to paint most everything I got back in 1995 and never used until now lol.

89258_coop1.jpg

89258_coop2.jpg

89258_coop3.jpg

89258_coop4.jpg

89258_coop5.jpg

Bought a solar trickle charger and seemed to work well today to run a 12 volt fan (16 Dollars at lowes)
89258_dscn5677.jpg

89258_dscn5678.jpg

89258_dscn5679.jpg

89258_dscn5680.jpg

89258_dscn5683.jpg

89258_dscn5685.jpg

89258_dscn5686.jpg

89258_dscn5687.jpg

Very cute
smile.png
But I'd replace the chicken wire with some of that welded wire, racoons and such can bite through that chicken wire like butter.

Drank a 12 pk of Moxie today no lunch break but mosquitoes had me for lunch most of the day and sun block didn't work well today either.
6am to 7:20 pm flew today working on this coop. Now i have to figure out where i am moving the 2 square foot garden boxes that were here where the coop is now. Sorry I didn't take pics of every step but I knew time wasn't on my side to get this done. I am hoping to find time for ventalation so I can get the girls out of the house. Down to one rooster (thank you craigslist) They don't smell too bad (stall dry pellets in crate) but the DUST is sooooo bad in the house.
The watched me work all day from inside one of my Square foot garden box covers (keeps animals from using my garden for a Diner)
89258_dscn5659.jpg

Quote:
I only used chicken wire between floor joist and 7/8 plywood floor incase someone ever decided to try to chew they would taste metal ( I don't think anything will chew through 7/8 plywood but just in case) I have a 100' roll of hardware cloth for everything else.

Last edited:
Quote:
I only used chicken wire between floor joist and 7/8 plywood incase someone ever decided to try to chew they would taste metal ( I don't think anything will chew through 7/8 plywood but just in case) I have a 100' roll of hardware cloth for everything else.

Ahaa, okay.
smile.png
Don't want you to loose any.

I'm jealous. I can't really have a big nice coop because I'm not supposed to have chickens where I live so my chickens have to be quiet and sleep inside thue house in a dog kennel
tongue.png
it looks great so far

Back
Top Bottom