12 more processed this weekend

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
It's been a productive weekend. I got 7 processed on Friday even though my second set of hands was not able to get here. They were 20 weeks and processing went well about 30 minutes per bird plus set up time so I am shaving time off my hour to hour and a half time and getting more efficient. I did notice one thing though. These guys were the mean ones that attacked us and the other roosters. When I processed them and pulled out the inedibles I noticed that their testicles were the size of golf balls. I have never seen any as big as this and I have done a bunch of roosters. I am wondering if there is a connection between the two. Like raging hormones lol.

The squares in this table are 2 inches for a reference.

This was one of the smaller ones he dressed out about 5lbs I got sizes ranging from this to 7lbs in some of the larger ones.

Today I did 5 more. These ones were a year and a half old and were just standard mixed breed roosters probably from my gold comets. My sister took them and was going to process them but her daughter wanted to try and find them homes so they were not taken care of until now. I skinned and deboned them and put directly into canning jars and into my pressure cooker tonight. They smell amazing!!. I will take pictures of the jars when they come out.

what breed are they?
Most of them were light brahma. This one was a Gold Comet mix so was a little bit on the lighter side. I think that dad was the light brahma roo and mom was one of my Gold Comet layers since they seem to be swapping boxes back and forth now lol.

Back
Top Bottom