12+ Silkie Eggs from Quality Stock

SOLD TO MUDHEN

Thank you all for the nice comments.
I do try to be as fair as possible when selling eggs.
It is a gamble. years ago I spent over 300 on eggs from Eddy Travers for eggs and hatched 3 chicks. I have also spent big bucks from other top breeders "HatTrick" and only had a few hatch at a time, but don't regret it.
I was very thrilled, as I wanted to raise anything I got from babies.
The price of addiction is expensive LOL
Melanie

haha!
I like that: price of addiction is expensive!
My hubby says I have a chickendiction.......LOL!
I feel better when I have some broody hens doing it for me, I don't think I have their hatching nack.
Maybe you'll have some in spring.
MY girls plan on showing ours in 4-h and open shows.
Can't wait!

Melanie
smile.png
- very gracious reply. I can only imagine how much good breeders spend when they try to produce their own lines of top notch stock - I'm trying to upgrade my own stock with SQ lines and it makes a doz. eggs for $40 look extremely reasonable for high quality stock. On top of that, all the costs of building and maintaining breeder pens & the other facilities needed... Plus all the costs of grow out to keep the breeding lines excellent.

Ufff-da!

Its even more expensive and REALLY time consuming when you start out with hatchery stock versus already good quality stock...If you have the cash to start with and When you buy/start out with stock that's already good, half, if not pretty much all, of the battle is over.

"On top of that, all the costs of building and maintaining breeder pens & the other facilities needed.."

LOL! No where close to horses or cattle I can assure you on that one.
wink.png

I was just checking out your website and you have wonderful silkies
big_smile.png
Are you selling eggs this spring? I have two girls (I think they are both girls anyhow) so I need to get a nice quality boy OR if I end up with a boy I would like more girls for him
wink.png
Mine look a lot like yours. They are nice and fluffy and have nice beards going on
big_smile.png
They are just so sweet I HAVE to have more! LOL But can't do it this winter anymore.

Back
Top Bottom