12+ Turken eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mamawolf544, Sep 4, 2010.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Buff/Creme roo over red or buff hens. They all have complete naked necks except one hen has a small bowtie.
    These are great dual purpose birds. They are egg laying machines, that lay a large tan egg. Mine lay in the 100+ degree Texas heat, and in the cold winter and the rain. They are a little bit like the postal service. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigSoftee

BigSoftee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Pfafftown, NC
    I have purchased 2 batches of eggs from mamawolf this summer and hatch rates were great! I am very tempted to purchase this batch as well! (oh and this is dfchaser via DH's account, my comp is dead)!

How many eggs are up for auction?

3. lazyoranch

lazyoranch Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Pleasant Hill
    Where did you get your Turkens from? A hatchery or a breeder? I just ordered 3 pullets from Ideal last week.

4. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Thanks for the kind words.
    The auction is for12 eggs but I always try to send 16.
    They came from Ideal originally, but I have bred them and culled and I think they are pretty good looking birds for as ugly as they are. [​IMG] No I really love the breed.

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Necks are great birds, tough, thrifty, laying well. taking heat and humidity amazingly well, they are supposed to be winter hardy also that I can't tell living in Fla.

I like those most ugly the best! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by