12 week old Easter Egger - pullet or roo??

Such a handsome guy...it hurts to likely let him go to someone else! But we were intending on having an all girl flock
Yeah, it's a bummer. He is handsome and hopefully you'll be able to find him a nice home if he does turn out to be a definite cockerel. I agree with sourland though-- it is worth waiting to see for sure, and that shouldn't take long.

Yeah, it's a bummer. He is handsome and hopefully you'll be able to find him a nice home if he does turn out to be a definite cockerel. I agree with sourland though-- it is worth waiting to see for sure, and that shouldn't take long.
Maybe we will wait a bit longer...feels like delaying the inevitable though ☹️

Rooster are actually very helpful. We wanted a all girl flock, but ended having a rooster. We kept him just to see if he helped. He was amazing, very friendly and ended up saving our girls from the neighbors house cat. Now I love Roos and want more.
I know there are pros to keeping a roo around but for me the cons just win out. All of the extra things that come with keeping a roo is something I’m not ready for as a new chicken mum. Maybe one day down the road.

Maybe we will wait a bit longer...feels like delaying the inevitable though ☹️
You are probably right. In any case it is a good idea to start looking for a new home new, unless you decide to butcher and eat him. For re-homing, asking around at local feed/tractor supply stores is the best bet. Some have bulletin boards and you can post your own ad, and just asking employees can sometimes lead to something. Craigslist is a last resort, in my book. We also have forums in here where you can post and you may get lucky and find someone local who would want him.

74A8CA24-0C22-44B1-B843-3F604FA21369.jpeg

As a side note...incase it matters, Margaret does this a lot to the others:

This is NOT my chicken...just a photo I found that looks exactally like Margarer to demonstrate her behavior.

You are probably right. In any case it is a good idea to start looking for a new home new, unless you decide to butcher and eat him. For re-homing, asking around at local feed/tractor supply stores is the best bet. Some have bulletin boards and you can post your own ad, and just asking employees can sometimes lead to something. Craigslist is a last resort, in my book. We also have forums in here where you can post and you may get lucky and find someone local who would want him.
I have a friend who has happily said she’ll take him to live with her girls. She has a bigger flock and I’m sure he’ll be very happy there.

Back
Top Bottom