12th Annual 2021 BYC New Year's Day Hatch-Along!

Pics
I'm in... just set 8 Khaki Campbell eggs (was supposed to be 15, but USPS shook the box, and 7 eggs were busted... not sure if the 8 are now viable, but we'll know by this Saturday, since I set them last Saturday night (12/5), to see if any develop. But I also have 15 (Cream Legbar, Lavendor Orps, Welsummer) chicken eggs going in Saturday, the 12th. We'll see when they hatch whether they'll be NYD birds or not!

Did you get refunded for that? Or is that a risk people take with shipped eggs?

Did you get refunded for that? Or is that a risk people take with shipped eggs?

I've got a claim in with USPS, since it wasn't the shipper's fault that they came in busted, which is more than what I paid for them in the 1st place. I notified the shipper, and she's offered to replace them, if I just pay for the shipping charges, so I told her we'll see how these 8 develop. If they don't, I will take her up on her offer, but if they do, we'll call it good between us. After all, it was USPS that damaged them, not her and her packing of the eggs.

Ok fine... I’ll hatch one incubator load of chimkens. Then that’s it!

But which ones 🤔
DBB7F602-2A5E-4196-B81C-4781C154D969.jpeg

Just got my blue, black, splash Brahmas today. They ended up lost in the mail for 3 days, strangely enough only one egg was cracked and has been patched up with nail polish. Air cells might be very bad though.

only a few are not dark and thick enough to see through and see the air cell. I think I might have to keep them upright during incubation. How does it work out with chicken eggs if you don’t turn them? As I might have to do that because of the super loose air cells.

Just got my blue, black, splash Brahmas today. They ended up lost in the mail for 3 days, strangely enough only one egg was cracked and has been patched up with nail polish. Air cells might be very bad though.

only a few are not dark and thick enough to see through and see the air cell. I think I might have to keep them upright during incubation. How does it work out with chicken eggs if you don’t turn them? As I might have to do that because of the super loose air cells.
You can tilt them in the caton for the first couple of days.

After that, you can tilt them by turning them end over end three times a day. They need to be set in cut down cartons at lockdown too.

Back
Top Bottom