Ended 12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest—Win a Brinsea Incubator!

I wonder this too. I’m curious if like a portrait mode on a newer I phone is ok, or if vibrant filter? I don’t usually end up using those... but I’d have some great pictures if it was allowed...
Portrait mode is perfectly fine- it isn't a filter or form of editing.

I have the same question. I apply the vibrant filter to some of my photos too because it helps to make the colors of my subject pop out but still looks natural. Of course to keep it looking natural I lower the percentage of filter to under 35. I'm wondering if that counts as an over-edit or minor change.

Example:

Original
527926F6-D408-49D6-AC84-DE81A31AC707.jpeg

Filtered (35%)
7410FCB3-F12A-45DA-97AE-B0CC2D98E9BE.jpeg

This isn't the best example since the picture is not well lit anyway, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Portrait mode is perfectly fine- it isn't a filter or form of editing.

I have the same question. I apply the vibrant filter to some of my photos too because it helps to make the colors of my subject pop out but still looks natural. Of course to keep it looking natural I lower the percentage of filter to under 35. I'm wondering if that counts as an over-edit or minor change.

Example:

Original
View attachment 2634888
Filtered (35%)View attachment 2634891
This isn't the best example since the picture is not well lit anyway, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Here's what I consider overly edited:
C08521D3-29C3-471C-8A0B-EAD646D959D8.jpeg

And I would call this a minor change since the filter is very subtle:
F5A3DFC4-867B-46ED-BE5E-136F0DA5A3F9.jpeg

@casportpony could have a different opinion though.

1619381182172.png
Look at his cute little face!
That is adorable, but remember, the picture must be one that *you* took in 2020 or 2021, and no people or parts of people allowed in the picture. Pictures from the web, and/or pictures with people in them will be disqualified.

Back
Top Bottom