Ended 12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Farthest Shipped Eggs!

Pics
I would've won... again :hit Tying all these fun contests to the very specific Easter hatch-a-long is not fair. Especially when the contest itself has nothing to do with Easter (such as distance traveled). Are such contests ever held for everybody else?

We'll do one for the Halloween and the NYD HALs.
Why tie them to a specific HAL? That still severely limits who can participate. Why not an end-of-year, eggs shipped this year kind of contest? Or a “spring 2021” contest, so it wouldn’t be too many entries, and do it for the most popular hatching time of the year? Is it an issue of the size of the pool of applicants?

Why tie them to a specific HAL? That still severely limits who can participate. Why not an end-of-year, eggs shipped this year kind of contest? Or a “spring 2021” contest, so it wouldn’t be too many entries, and do it for the most popular hatching time of the year? Is it an issue of the size of the pool of applicants?

The holiday is just the theme they picked for the contest. It is not to limit the number of participants because if that was the case they would make it an invite-only contest or a contest for the first "X" number of people to sign up. It is open to everybody. It is your choice to participate or not.

Much of it I believe is so that they are not tied up for 3 or more months with a contest. Pretty sure much of the staff here is volunteer aka they do it for free. I know when I first joined much of the staff were volunteers. Not sure if that has changed or not.

All if all I think the contests are great. They are well organized.

Back
Top Bottom