12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I’d love to do the hatch-a-long with everybody! Can’t wait to see all the cute baby pics! 😍 This will be my first year doing it, but not my first time incubating. 🙂

I’ll be setting chicken eggs. Not sure how many and of what breeds (depends what extra eggs I have) but I’ll be putting something in that incubator! As long as I don’t fill it by the time the hatch-a-long starts. 😂
Welcome! :wee I hope you stick around.
I know I will be doing some quail, but I think I will be setting them this weekend. Maybe I can scared up some other kind of eggs and join in.
That sounds fun! Good luck with your quail. :fl
Already collecting Easter eggs.
:highfive:

Count me in. I have ordered 6 Embden geese eggs that will arrive around March 13. I have bought a Nurture Right 360 and have ordered some other goodies so I should have everything I need when the eggs arrive. I am afraid my little goslings will be late to the party, but it will be fun non the less ;)
Ron
Welcome!

It will be fun watching them hatch.

Count me in. I have ordered 6 Embden geese eggs that will arrive around March 13. I have bought a Nurture Right 360 and have ordered some other goodies so I should have everything I need when the eggs arrive. I am afraid my little goslings will be late to the party, but it will be fun non the less ;)
Ron
Good luck! :fl

I have rollout nest boxes. I rarely have a broken egg

Those would be so nice to have! We were building on a tight budget and repurposed a 12 cube clothing display shelf from a store that went out of business. My FIL used some U bolts to attach a piece of 1x4 to the front bottom (shelving unit is laying on it's side) to keep the eggs in the cubicles and then added some 2x2 perches to the front. The egg breakage is not so bad in the spring and summer when I put my astro turf pads back in the boxes. They don't dig at those. I took them out over the winter because the poop (and any eggs that do accidentally get broken or are weak shelled) freeze to the pads and I can't clean them easily.

My 2015 Australorps from Dare2Dream Farm, and their daughters, hatched *most* of my chicks. One year had 5 broodies at once and had to ration them 4 fertile eggs each, or else some serious chicken math would have set in! 🤪
I don’t have broodies but I have eggs! Is this the right incubator??? 🤓
5B9E85D4-72F2-4819-A72B-1D5F9D94C9E8.jpeg

edited to add, hope so. Just sold a bunch of extra equipment and used my birthday money 😝

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom