12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only one, for several weeks when I go outside I can a rooster crow, sounds like it's coming from my barn. I would go check it out and there's nothing and Mine are to young to crow yet. Finally yesterday I decided to sit by my chicken pens, when a rooster came fling out of my barn at me. 🤣

Was he one of yours or did someone drop him off there? Lol

Checked on the broodies today & found another egg pushed away from the nest. It was cold but I candled it & saw some veins, so I threw it in the incubator. If it hatches I can give it back to the hens.

They might be fighting over the eggs because one hen seems to be sitting on all of them except one. I don’t really want to move them if I can avoid it though.

I candled for the last time yesterday and decided to eggtopsy. 4 of the 6 I pulled were cooked. :barnie I don't know how this hatch is going to go, but we'll see. Air cells aren't great on the remaining eggs. I may have a few hatch, but I don't have my hopes up. Only 2 Polish eggs made it this far, which is really sad. The one I pulled yesterday had a solid black chick.

I've no clue what's up with the incubator. It's not keeping it's temp now. Urg!!!
The bulb must not be strong enough. Didn't have this issue with hatching quail less than 2 months ago. It'hanging in the 97s and low 98s now instead of 99-100.

Do you have less eggs in the incubator this time? Sometimes purely the number of eggs in the incubator will increase the temperature and as the chicks develop they will also start to produce their own heat later in incubation.

View attachment 2594281
Yes us older folk may remember wearing striped pajamas as kids. So here are the proud parents: Mr. Pajamas with his bride (will try to get a better pic later). He had a brother and I called them the Pajama Twins but lost his brother in the Rat Attack of 2020.
Some prisons have striped uniforms! :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom