12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely from pipping through a blood vessel. Most of the time they ok when this happens they just take a little longer to hatch because the blood loss obviously makes them sleepy. I know people have lost chicks that pipped through blood vessels, so it happens, but most of the time they're ok. I've had one chick, last year, that the shell looked like this too.
Oohhh. I'm glad most of the time they are okay. 😊

My guy ( who I would remind all is anti chickens) went pick up my order of faverolles at Cackle (it's less than a mile away from us) I asked him to ask if they had any extra chanteclers because they been unavailable for order since late Feb. He came back with my favs, 2 chanteclers and they talked him into a handful of large breed pullets so looks like I have 2 barred rocks, 2 laced Wyandottes 1 laced Cochin and he saw silkies sitting on display and said toss in a silkieand they tossed in 2 lol so yeah he wants a house chicken lol
Funny how they SAY they don't like chickens, but their behavior shows otherwise. I have one like that, too. 🤣

My favorite little one

Attachments

• 20210406_132402.jpg
    20210406_132402.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom