12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh I missed so many updates! Babies everywhere!
loveshower.gif

Aww! I love this! Is he good with the chicks?
These are actually the first chicks he’s ever seen. He was actually last year‘s male chick. At least, I think so I’m looking at the picture. :lol: His uncle is the main roo as far as I know. Every time I think I can tell the difference, I doubt myself a day later.

So far, for me, 10 chicks hatched, 13 more chicks to go, and one gosling! I think only the one gosling developed, one other of the 4 looked like it may have been developing but it must have stopped (or if it's still developing its going so slow it probably won't be healthy). The other 2 were unfertilized or scrambled.. The 10 chicks are doing well though! (They won't stop sleeping in the food bowl so I gave them a separate bowl lol. Red light only off for a sec to show off the pretty blue and spotted babies. I hate opening the bator but they don't stop screaming in the incubator until I put them with the other chicks lol. Good thing I have a spray bottle of water to mist and raise humidity back up.)

Attachments

• Snapchat-2064697435.jpg
    Snapchat-2064697435.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 7
And yes, that is a stuffed animal in the corner of my picture. Sometimes they don't stop screaming until they get under something so I have stuffed animals in there lol.
I have been putting empty coffee cans (plastic) in my brooders.. The babies love them and they even start sitting on them when they can fly a bit. Dual purpose.

And yes, that is a stuffed animal in the corner of my picture. Sometimes they don't stop screaming until they get under something so I have stuffed animals in there lol.
I have been putting empty coffee cans (plastic) in my brooders.. The babies love them and they even start sitting on them when they can fly a bit. Dual purpose.

We use brooder plates. It makes for very quiet peeps and they can sleep through the night naturally without a light on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom