12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Is this egg ok to hatch? They arent spots on the outside. And it was quite dirty. I gently wiped it off and saw these dark purple spots. Should I pull it?

Attachments

• 20210313_083126.jpg
    20210313_083126.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 4
Went to TSC again today...We saw several chicks there...they were selling junglefowl and OEGBs (separate obviously). Has anyone ever seen TSC sell those before?
TSC uses different hatcheries by region. They will have breeds based on the hatchery they use.
Who so we send the number of eggs we will be setting for the contest to?
@Corbdee posted the answer! @OneMountainAcres
I didn't see this until just now, and I set my eggs at 4:30pm today. Arrrrggghh LoL. Oh well, I'm joining anyway. I wanted our 6 neighbor children to be able to enjoy the baby chicks the weekend of Easter. Plus I had saved eggs since the 7th (good old lucky number 7) and didn't want to go past 5 days before setting. Wish me luck, 48 chicken eggs went in!!
The eggs count!
Thanks!
Rofl!! It's at max capacity and I dont think the soon to be egg-kids want anyone laying on top of them. My success last August was a horrific nightmare.... decided to not store beyond 5 days this time, bought a fan & installed it, running dry, and of course... GO BIG OR GO HOME. She's at max capacity captain, she can't take anymore! LoL LoL
It is nice to have a full incubator! This hatch should be much better
I have seven chicken eggs ready to go in at noon, but last time I hatched eggs some hatched early. 🤪 Two days early if I remember correctly. So I may have three-day-old chicks at Easter. 😂

Happy to join all of you! 😁
Hatching can go that way sometimes! Different breeds will often hatch faster or slower than average
Hope to set quail eggs for this HAL!
Quail are so tiny when they hatch!
Well, silkie girls are not cooperating, no longer broody, but not laying again either. I do have some shipped eggs on the way, but won't be here in time for the HAL. How many days on the other side of the 13th can I set and still be in it?
5 to 7 days before and after easter
Well my shipped eggs arrive today! So depending on the air cells may be setting a little bit later than 12pm. I was hoping to get them yesterday but that didn’t happen.
That is perfect!

Is this egg ok to hatch? They arent spots on the outside. And it was quite dirty. I gently wiped it off and saw these dark purple spots. Should I pull it?
As much as I want to tell you to set all of the eggs, I will also admit that I do add those eggs if I am low on hatching eggs, but not otherwise.

candle it to see if there are cracks. If not, It is ok to set.

Ideally, you don’t add a pullet’s first few eggs because they are small. Some people do, but it’s not ideal. After a month, they are big enough, and the kinks are worked out. Don’t add any eggs that have odd shapes or what not either. Can you, and get great results? Of course. I’m only making suggestions from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom