12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking humidity. I keep mine be between 55 to 60...prefer 55 here in Utah. And I'm good to go for candling if most eggs have hatched and I'm wondering if the others are alive. Just did this with three of my last hatch. Two were fine, one quit. Put the good ones back..they hatched when they were ready..could hear one peeping when I picked it up so didn't candle it.

Last edited:
Removed the egg turners, put in cardboard dividers to seperate different types of chicks (so I'll know who's who), and upped humidity. Officially in lockdown! (A little early granted - in case the bantams or Icelandics decide to come before Easter.) 🤞

P.S.- I may be addicted, I've lined up goose eggs for after the chickens hatch.... and considering trying to hatch some from my ducks (have seen Emilio giving the ladies the business since it's been rainy)....and my neighbor has guinea fowl....and....and.... 🤪
Go for it, says the lady that has never been called an enabler. :oops:

I've just locked my eggs down as one has internally pipped and another is close.

Any malposition experts here? My one that has internally pipped has its beak at the wrong side of the air cell (the high side, not the low side), but I can see its beak quite clearly. Some of our Araucana have vaulted skulls so that's possibly the reason. Do I need to do anything special for it?

I've just locked my eggs down as one has internally pipped and another is close.

Any malposition experts here? My one that has internally pipped has its beak at the wrong side of the air cell (the high side, not the low side), but I can see its beak quite clearly. Some of our Araucana have vaulted skulls so that's possibly the reason. Do I need to do anything special for it?
Honestly, they usually turn themselves around or just hatch okay from the wrong end.

Agree they normally turn themselves around or just hatch from the wrong end without problems. But I would still keep a close eye in case you need to intervene.😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom