12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t know where my candler went, but using this flashlight has been great! I can’t remember the last time I could actually see the down on the chicks. :love All are ready for the weekend! :woot :highfive: If only the broody were far enough along to take these babies.
What? You can actually see the down??

I've just locked my eggs down as one has internally pipped and another is close.

Any malposition experts here? My one that has internally pipped has its beak at the wrong side of the air cell (the high side, not the low side), but I can see its beak quite clearly. Some of our Araucana have vaulted skulls so that's possibly the reason. Do I need to do anything special for it?
I let them sit for a good few hrs. If nothing more happens..I assist. Not everyone is for that.

One duckling hatched! 🥰 🥰 🥰
1617165110446.png

1617165148979.png

Well the end is in sight here. I am down to about 5 eggs with veining in the incubator so I guess I will end up with a couple of chicks at least. Time to figure out what I will be using for a brooder!
The 2 broody hens and the broody rooster are not doing the best job. I checked on them yesterday & there were 3 eggs that were not under a hen. Maybe the hens were trying to give them to the rooster? I put them next to a hen, expecting she would tuck them under her but she did nothing. They are not filling me with a lot of confidence lol.:rolleyes:
Broody rooster!? Seems legit :love

I found a spare paper bag... need it?
Holly Carp pass me the paper bag. I just saw the first egg wiggle out of the corner of my eye, and thought we were getting an earthquake. There it’s wiggling again! What do I do??!
*****Edited to add, looked up “wiggling eggs” and will candle for internal pip. Otherwise will leave it alone 😅
FFB2625B-C5EE-4AD0-900E-73DB23C329B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom