12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my eggs are due to hatch Saturday. I had to move them from my large incubator to my small one since it’s better for hatching.

I cleaned the small incubator and let it dry so I waited later into day 18 to move them. I checked my other eggs (BCM) looking good.

Put my 5 eggs ready for lockdown in my new plastic egg carton I got from Tractor supply, closed it to keep the heat in while moving them upstairs, opened it up and found the carton crushed my EE eggs.

As a desperate last resort I used some birthday candle wax on the large cracks.

idk guess, im pretty devastated over this. My EE chicks mixed with my Ayam Cemani Rooster are my favorites.
:hugs Oh no, I'm sorry. Birthday candles are my go-to for cracks. :fl Hopefully they'll be just fine.

My early Easter chicks came out of the incubator and went under their new mommies. I moved the hens into the house (which they didn't like), but in the darkness, they settled quickly.

So far 8 Orpingtons (lav & black) and 3 Seramas.

Left is the Serama mama and Right is her Modern Game Bantam daughter. None of the eggs are biologically related to them, but I'm glad to see they are still sharing.
IMG_6736 (2).JPG

IMG_6735 (2).JPG

Does anyone else ever get Antsy on the final Days? I'm like itching to see when I'll see some movement or pips 🤣
And canceling from the outside doesn't really work that well 😂😂
Do these look normal? I can't tell 😩
Yes, I may have mentioned something about patience before but I'm pretty sure that got thrown out the door LOL. I got a displaced/saddle air cell egg that's been worrying me like crazy these past few weeks

Got my first pip last night, noticed after handling them, didn't expect them until tomorrow! One egg died, the one I knew was too old but tried anyway. And the last one is standing strong! My sparrow chick is a week old already and living in the incubator, I've been opening it multiple times a day to feed the baby. I didn't expect any hatches, but let's see what happens!

Went to check humidity at 5 am and found a chick zipping, so made a pot of coffee and waited.

of course, it decided to pop out when I went for a refill. 🤦‍♀️

Another perfect little Brahma/ameracauna EE! 🥰

Attachments

• 359CCA67-F34A-40F2-8259-169AA2E81C07.jpeg
    359CCA67-F34A-40F2-8259-169AA2E81C07.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 6
  • 9A52BB6B-CB20-4703-8391-AD02B8FF60CB.jpeg
    9A52BB6B-CB20-4703-8391-AD02B8FF60CB.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back