12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. My broody hen hatched 8, then took the kids out of the nest box. One egg remained, and when I grabbed it, I realized it’s a DUCK egg! She probably wondered why it was taking so long :gig
Anyway, she hatched 8 of her own. :D
View attachment 2600767View attachment 2600768

So sweet! Is the duck egg still developing? Are you putting it in the incubator? Inquiring minds.. lol

So sweet! Is the duck egg still developing? Are you putting it in the incubator? Inquiring minds.. lol
It’s wasn’t cold, it’s like 75 today, and she was still on the nest this morning when I left for work, so I candled and it still had veins. So of course I popped it in the incubator. Just checked, and it moving just fine!

I’m so sorry! Will this help solve the mystery? Too much carbon dioxide at floor level? Nurture Right 360 instructions:
View attachment 2600630
Wow, interesting! Thanks for the information. I am laughing at the room temperature recommendation though cause the temperature where I live never really gets above 70, even on the hottest few days of summer. When gets to be 60 people are wearing bikinis at the park and warning everyone not to leave their dogs in the car in the terrible heat. 😂

Wow, interesting! Thanks for the information. I am laughing at the room temperature recommendation though cause the temperature where I live never really gets above 70, even on the hottest few days of summer. When gets to be 60 people are wearing bikinis at the park and warning everyone not to leave their dogs in the car in the terrible heat. 😂
Mine incubator this time is on floor too so we Will see , does any of your chiks hatched? For me just started day 20 i have little hope still 🤞🙏

None of mine hatched. Day 23 here. 😢 I hope your hatch goes better! It would be so sad if yours didn’t hatch after all they have been through.
I really hope that you Will get miracle babies who just needed extra time🤞Last year half of my chiks hatched on day 23/24 and also 25.. so you never know but i thnik after day 25 you can turn of your incubator.. i know its BAD thing to do but if i were you I would candle some eggs just to see if there is any MOVEMENT or internal pip. Last year I acctualy saw on some while candeling internal pip. Wish you luck and thanks ❤️🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom