12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I late to the party? Found one of my EE's sitting on eggs this morning.. She let her sister in the nest with her, but not Lady.. Get out!! Muffins allowed me to add eggs to the fluffy butt party with pleasure.
20210406_103512.jpg

Acctualy i dont have one i just put my sock inside to maybe take all water on her😔
It is not the humidity that kills them, but the lack of oxygen. They basically suffocate. If there is good air flow, the chicks will be ok. The problem is lowering humidity too much and having them shrink wrap.

As each chick hatches, humidity will spike. if a lot of them hatch at once, you can have a big spike. It should go down fast enough though.

I only have one thermometer; there was definitely something going on with the temps. I suspect more that it was too high temps because the one pip I had was 2 days early (did not make it).
You can tell if a temp spike killed the chicks. If so, they will be at the same place of incubation indicating that they died at the same time.

You can tell if a temp spike killed the chicks. If so, they will be at the same place of incubation indicating that they died at the same time.
Well I had a big die off early on; lots of blood rings. But the 7 that made it into lockdown were active & seemed fine. Not really sure what happened but I guess I will open them up tonight & see what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom