12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what happened almost exactly 24 hours after the Hatching Chick contest ended?

IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

...yeah. :he :lau The other egg I put in on 3-20 hatched days ago. This one took forever, and now I wonder if I actually put her in on the 20th. I forgot to write it down. This one had a small hole for 24 hours, before zipping in record time.

Guess what happened almost exactly 24 hours after the Hatching Chick contest ended?

View attachment 2615576

View attachment 2615578

...yeah. :he :lau The other egg I put in on 3-20 hatched days ago. This one took forever, and now I wonder if I actually put her in on the 20th. I forgot to write it down. This one had a small hole for 24 hours, before zipping in record time.
I think the hatching chick photo contest is still open??????

So, I have a chick sexing methods article and this is actually one of the newer methods I've added to my roster for it. From my preliminary testing using this method, it appears to be an extension of wing sexing. I've only tested 5 chicks so far using this method and it called all of them female, but only one was. Wing sexing, I'm past 50 chicks tested now and it's only been correct on about 57% of them. It is not an accurate means of sexing chicks because it is a sexlinked trait and your parent stock must be selected for the correct genes in order to make it work.

So, in other words, no, this does not guarantee that you have a female.
They look healthy and happy, congrats!! Keep us posted on their progress!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures....

IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

:th That is a great picture, save it for the next contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom