13 Week old Coturnix Quail not laying yet?

healthnuthiker

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2022
I have 3 Female Coturnix quail that are going to be 13 weeks old tomorrow and they are not laying yet additionally we have one that is 10 weeks tomorrow she is also not laying yet, One from the same hatch as the 13 week olds has been laying every day. We hatched all these in our incubator from eggs we bought online. Just wanted to get thoughts and suggestions. Also yes we know these that aren't laying yet are female because they are feather sexable, the only one that we were iffy about because her color isn't feather sexable is the one laying.

These are some of the common things that will keep hens from laying:

Not enough light. They need 14-16 hours of light per day.
Too many males.
Predators hanging around.
Changes to their environment.

Basically, anything that causes them stress will keep them from laying.

These are some of the common things that will keep hens from laying:

Not enough light. They need 14-16 hours of light per day.
Too many males.
Predators hanging around.
Changes to their environment.

Basically, anything that causes them stress will keep them from laying.
They have been getting enough light and they are getting supplemental light as well, I don't think their are too many males there is one but he's very docile
I have 3 Female Coturnix quail that are going to be 13 weeks old tomorrow and they are not laying yet additionally we have one that is 10 weeks tomorrow she is also not laying yet, One from the same hatch as the 13 week olds has been laying every day. We hatched all these in our incubator from eggs we bought online. Just wanted to get thoughts and suggestions. Also yes we know these that aren't laying yet are female because they are feather sexable, the only one that we were iffy about because her color isn't feather sexable is the one laying.

Adding that our 10 week old started laying yesterday so 2 out of 4 are laying the 2 others still haven't laid

Back
Top Bottom