14 eggs in the incubator... due to hatch June 18.

big_smile.png
ME TOO!!! Mine are due to hatch tomorrow ( the 18th) I have Barred Rock and White Leghorn this time....
It is 7 pm and I see 3 pips already and I am hearing chirping from them!! I cant wait! This is our 2nd hatch and I am just as anxious and giddy as the 1st!!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Ours weren't due until tomorrow but we have 3 hatched, one zipped and one pipped. Things have gotten very quiet in the last hour. Hope they are just resting before the big push to the end. I hope I didn't mess things up pulling the first 3 hatchlings out to put in the brooder. I know I know... I should have been sitting on my hands.

the 5th one just died.
sad.png

i think i really messed them up by opening the incubator to pull the first 3 out. also think the temp might have been too hot since they started hatching early.

i won't do it again unless i have a better incubator, thermometer, humidity reader.

out of 14 eggs- 3 living, 2 died during hatch, 9 more in the incubator with no signs of hatching. (3 of them i think, stopped growing around day 15)

how long should i give them? today is day 21.

I am not an expert on the subject, by no means. But I am not sure your moving the babies, had anything to do with your situation. I have opened my incubator several times to remove the hatched babies ( as soon as they dried off ) I now have 7 in my brooder box and 2 more still drying in the "bator" and have about 5 more pipped eggs and about 6 with no signs of pipping yet.
Today is just day 21 so I will give those other eggs at least 2 more days before I get too concerned. I candled the eggs just before "lockdown" on day 18 and threw out the ones who had not developed.....Just be patient...I know that easier said than done....wishing you best of luck!!

I woke to a couple of babies and now have ten little ones with 6 more eggs, I, too, pulled out the babies because the temp was getting to 102 in the bator and it looked like the newbies wee breathing hard. They are resting comfortably in the brooder and the 3 that pipped have quieted down. The temp is back at 99.5, the humidity stayed the same at 70%.. I just opened it enough to reach out a baby. I really think having them in the bator knocking the others around stimulates hatching.. maybe I should have left them, but thought it was getting too warm.Input?

awww! so exciting you got so many. we still only have the three.

this is from last night... they are getting fluffier and cuter today. will get some more pictures soon.
DSCN8986.jpg

Back
Top Bottom