14 wk EE gender?

sfchickgirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 28, 2010
Hi all, I am starting to worry that one of my easter eggers girls is actually a roo and thought I'd ask for advice. Here are some pictures of Gadget. He/She is 14 wks old, not crowing, and does not have the triple pea-comb as far as I can tell, but the back feathers are quite long. I'm not exactly sure what saddle feathers might look like at this age. Would love your input!
hmm.png

68713_photo.jpg

68713_photo-1.jpg

Gadget is in the back in this pic
68713_photo-2.jpg

Here he/she is at 7 wks old in front
68713_img_0455.jpg

many thanks!!!

Looks like a girl to me.

Mine did not get saddle feathers at that age, but he had a couple of shiny curved greenish/black feathers in his tail. The pointed shiny (almost hair like) feathers on the back, did not come in until much later...about 6 months or so.

Congratulations, its a girl.

At that age our EE Roo had a big fat red comb and irridescent tail feathers and loads of pointy saddle feathers,and was twice the size of the pullets.

At 14 weeks:
Its a bad picture of him, but you can see the pointy feathers around his neck, and the pointy saddle feathers that are hanging down around his irridecent green tail feathers.
68803_40th_birthday_123.jpg

Comb at 17 weeks, he looks much more handsome here
wink.png
:
68803_chicken_tractor_week_one_230.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah! Thanks everyone! The tail feathers are much longer than my other EE's so I had no idea. I'm such a beginner at all this. I Love this forum!!! Now just crossing my fingers for some pretty eggs soon. My son is dying for some real green eggs and ham!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom