142 nest found

panner123

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Garden Valley, ca
Some might have read about my six year old grand daughter releasing all my chickens two weeks ago. Well, all my grand kids are here for the first week of summer. They went out to find and catch them, only to find 142 hens nesting. In each nest there are five to seven eggs. According to the twelve year old they still have to find eighty three hens, come this fall I will have to check out the recipe section to figure out how many ways chicken can be prepared. Just a good thing the nearest nieghbor is more than a half mile away, for half will be roos.

ep.gif

wow...ur looking at like 500 chicks at lest if they have been fertilized!!! OMG!!! ok you have to post pics of the many chickies you will be hatcing!!

i feel sorry for you when you have all the roos around house!!

OMG! That is a lot of chickens and eggs! Are you going to round up the hens and eggs before hand? Is there any way that you could move the hens and eggs to safe places that you can control? That might make it easier on you when it comes time for them to hatch. Good luck to you and your chickens. Sounds like you are going to have your work cut out for you.
Kristyne

Back
Top Bottom