14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It will be fun to see what you get for sure
YUP! Honestly, I'm not crazy about either of those breeds but I love seeing what mixes turn out like.

I really wanted to participate in the HAL, and when the supplier of my previous eggs (sounds like an addiction, which I guess it is) didn't have any for me, I jumped on these when they showed up online.

YUP! Honestly, I'm not crazy about either of those breeds but I love seeing what mixes turn out like.

I really wanted to participate in the HAL, and when the supplier of my previous eggs (sounds like an addiction, which I guess it is) didn't have any for me, I jumped on these when they showed up online.
I am happy that you found the last minute eggs!

Ok, here’s what I got. I’ve got a broody hen sitting on a few eggs but I don’t have a lot of confidence as I tried to candle today and I just can’t see well enough in them. Blue and olive. If they hatch it’ll be during the week before Easter. And Monday night at midnight I set 30 eggs. I missed the Saturday target. 🤷🏼‍♀️but it will be close. If my broodys egg’s fail to progress I plan on putting a few of the ones from the incubator under her. If she keeps sitting. This is the first time any of my hens have gone broody. My eggs are Barred Rock rooster and rr hens, Easter eggers and rr x Easter eggers mix. 🤞🏻😊

Well heeeey how about that! I joined and didn’t even know it! The morning of Saturday March 18 I found where my little bantam had hid her nest and was determinedly setting broody. I thought about it all day and that night I dusted off the incubator and traveled to my SIL to get some (hopefully) fertile eggs. I will candle them soon and put the fertile eggs under my hen. Today I finally got around to marking the days on the calendar and realized that they will be Easter chicks!

Attachments

• 0C9AC83A-8AC9-48F6-BACC-198671D29206.jpeg
    0C9AC83A-8AC9-48F6-BACC-198671D29206.jpeg
    738.7 KB · Views: 3
  • A36DD3D1-EABB-4AE9-95CF-C1EFFC247520.jpeg
    A36DD3D1-EABB-4AE9-95CF-C1EFFC247520.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 3
Did you set any eggs or have any under broodies that are due to hatch 4/1 - 4/16?

Eggs due on the first will count as well? I have some due then as well!

I will not be adding any more to my incubator in time, though, so what's in right now is going to be my total for the hatchalong if that's the case and I can send in my number. 🙂

Eggs due on the first will count as well? I have some due then as well!

I will not be adding any more to my incubator in time, though, so what's in right now is going to be my total for the hatchalong if that's the case and I can send in my number. 🙂
Yes, anything due the hatch 4/1 through 4/16 counts. Please send your numbers to @muddy75

Friendly reminder! Please send @muddy75 your final set numbers so that she can update the spreadsheet which will allow us to move forward with the "how many eggs were set contest". All eggs set to hatc between 4/1 & 4/16 count. Please give her the following info:
  • Type of egg set (chicken, call duck, Muscovy duck, turkey, etc)
  • Date set
  • Number set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom