15 Show Type Day old Buckeye Chicks

tandersphoenix

Songster
11 Years
Feb 25, 2011
I will have 15 + Buckeyes from good show lines hatching next weekend and ready for a shipment on Monday April 16th. Chicks are $5 each minimum 15 chicks. Shipping is $14.00. Also will have another hatch ready the following week.. Please respond to this thread if you would like some! Thanks

Do want!!!
duc.gif
Those chicks look amazing. I’m from Ohio and from what I’ve read Buckeye birds are great!!?

how do they fair in hot weather, Florida? Does your flock breed often, after this hatching do you have any idea when the next run would be?

Do want!!!
duc.gif
Those chicks look amazing. I’m from Ohio and from what I’ve read Buckeye birds are great!!?

how do they fair in hot weather, Florida? Does your flock breed often, after this hatching do you have any idea when the next run would be?

Well, I am from Missouri so we get a good mix of hot and cold LOL and they do seem do do very well either way. I should have a hatch this weekend and one next weekend. I am getting ready to set some more Sunday so if everything goes right there should be another in 3 weeks. Let me know when you are ready and I'll do what I can to have some for you! Thanks Travis

Would like the chicks. Why wont you ship to Texas? David

Hi David, to the best of my knowledge. Texas and Virginia are closed states for taking poultry into. I am Avian Influenza Monitored which means the State Vets come here once a year to test my flock. I think for Texas I need to be AI clean which would mean they have to come here more often to test. I don't want to risk loosing my NPIP certification by shipping somewhere I shouldn't. You could contact your State Vets and ask for sure. If they say my NPIP and AI monitored are enough I would be happy to send to you.. Thanks for the question! Travis

I got some of these from Travis back in the spring and just wanted to give an update. They made beautiful birds. They are the first to leave in the morning and the last to come home in the evening. We currently have 4 pullets. These 4 stay together. They do not back down from anything. One had a snake in her mouth back in the early fall. They do not roost in the main barn with the rest of the flock, instead have found a spot in an outbuilding and they roost together in there. The prettiest birds on the place. Here's a few pics. Camera was in its death-throws so pic quality is poor. If you're considering Buckeyes, this offer was a great way to get started.

Showing her strut

The quad together

Got that don't mess with me look in her eye

Very attentive birds

Pullets are carbon copies of each other

Hen backing a young roo off some feed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom