?15 week Easter eggers and RIR

You have a New Hampshire Red and a Light Brown Leghorn and *maybe* a Welsummer. Welsummers are usually a bit larger in size, but they have red ear lobes. If they both have white earlobes, they're Leghorns, if one has red, likely a Welsummer. Once they lay Welsummers will lay dark brown eggs versus a Leghorn's white, so that will be quite obvious
The ear lobs are kind of 1/2 red but definitely not as white as the others. They likely came from Dunlap hatchery as they are local. They do not carry Welsummers. I saw the list for D&B which is a farm store here with a few locations and they got most of their chicks from them. I did see at least one (maybe two as it was months ago and i just don't remember) other hatchery on their list though so it might be possible.
20200621_204555.jpg
20200621_204600.jpg

The ear lobs are kind of 1/2 red but definitely not as white as the others. They likely came from Dunlap hatchery as they are local. They do not carry Welsummers. I saw the list for D&B which is a farm store here with a few locations and they got most of their chicks from them. I did see at least one (maybe two as it was months ago and i just don't remember) other hatchery on their list though so it might be possible.View attachment 2206270View attachment 2206271
Huh, not quite sure what they are. They are quite a bit different than the other one's though. Her earlobes will grow with age and along with egg color, you'll know soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom