15 week old Australop- Cockerel or Pullet?

Chiming in meaning. To add ones comment or OPINION to a conversation or discussion. Doesn't mean incorrect or correct. Just not in agreement to all in the conversation. Isn't a discussion group just that? Some members on here need to give their input in a less snarky way.

Cockerel. I’m not sure why anyone would say pullet. They make good boys usually if you can keep him.
I said pullet at first because I did not notice the saddle feathers, the tail feathers appeared rounded on the ends, I saw no hackle feathers, and the legs looked a bit thin for a cockerel. I corrected my mistake as soon as I saw the saddle feathers, and noticed the arch to the tail.

I appreciate everyones help !! I have attached some closer photos of his feathers to see if we can solidly say 100% he is a he :)
Middle photo is the underview of his wing. I thought this might help see the ends of his feathers better.
IMG-20230326-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20230326-WA0012.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230326-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20230326-WA0010.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 4
At this age, this is not where you'd notice the majority of male specific feathering. Try the saddle and neck area. But even so, I still notice a few feathers that indicate male

At this age, this is not where you'd notice the majority of male specific feathering. Try the saddle and neck area. But even so, I still notice a few feathers that indicate male
Whoops ! Thats okay i guess I'll just leave it at that for now haha I'm sure hes a boy.. we'll see in a few weeks though

Back
Top Bottom