15 week old Bo and EE... need your thoughts on gender

kristip

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2010
New Glarus
so far when I have posted pictures, they have been girls. the BO is getting a red face and the EE... I swear I see telltale feathers one minute and not the next. Really want these to be girls... they are well bonded. Your thoughts.

BO:
64297_img_4336.jpg

64297_img_4334.jpg

Me with the girls, but EE body:
64297_img_4321.jpg

64297_img_4331.jpg

I say Pullet....... then Rooo.... but then again Im just learning.. but the EE looks like my little Roo.. and she isnt pink like roos seam to be by that age..

)O(
Pink

The ee is a pullet, as you will never see a rooster that color. The buff also looks like a hen to me. Keep in mind they're getting of an age to develop red combs, they're approaching laying age. If they were roos, at fifteen weeks they'd have marked sex characteristics.

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing. My EE is only 8 weeks and her comb is turning pinkish....but she has the pullet coloring just like yours.....both look like girls to me
smile.png

I also have 2 chickens, a Buff Orphington and an EE/Amerucana. The BO looks just like mine and your EE looks like my EE except the colors and the comb is a little larger but mine are 13 weeks. I also vote 2 girls!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom