150 Watt IncuKit DC by Incubator Warehouse for Wine Cooler Incubator

Arvilla

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 29, 2012
I am building a wine cooler incubator and found this kit at Incubator Warehouse - 49.99 - sure would save a novice a lot of hair pulling if it works.

My question - is one enough - or should one be in the top and one in the bottom? The wine cooler is about thigh high - the size of a compact frig.

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/egg-incubator-accessories/150w-incu-kit.html

Quote from Incubator Warehouse:

Introducing the all-new IncuKit II (tm)
by IncubatorWarehouse.com

This listing is for the more powerful 150 Watt version of the IncuKit.

This is an all-in-one kit to convert practically ANY medium-sized enclosure into an incubator. You can use an old cooler, wooden box, cardboard box, desk refrigerator, plastic box, glass box, whatever! And with the IncuKit you can make it into an incubator. Pretty cool, eh? Well, actually it's pretty hot and it works pretty well.

The size of container this will work for will be determined by how well it is insulated and the temperature outside the incubator. The IncuKit II will generate about 150 watts of power, so if a 150 watt light bulb will heat your enclosure to your desired temperature, this version of the IncuKit will, as well. The buyer is responsible for determining if this will generate enough heat for your enclosure. We also offer a smaller wattage IncuKit for smaller Little Giant/HovaBator Incubator Sizes.

Let us know how it turn out. I have 28 bottles wine cooler (30"x22"x20"), which I want to turn into the incubator and not sure if 150watts provide enough heat.

Back
Top Bottom