16/8 Intermittent Fasting, has anyone tried it?

:pop

I've been thinking of trying this. I stepped on the scale yesterday and really didn't like the number.

I'm assuming water is allowed in the fasting period, right? I'm really trying to drink more water.
Yes as @Akrnaf2 said, nothing that raises blood sugar levels. So plain, no sugar added water, tea or coffee. The lack of sugars and digestion during this fast is where the magic happens. :)

Oh and try to avoid artificial sweeteners, not only are they bad for you but they still mess with metabolism.

Last edited:
I'm going to aim for 16/8. It might be closer to 15/9. DH wants dinner around 6 pm. I don't know if I can wait until 10 am for breakfast. We'll see!

DH is drinking more water, as he can feel a difference in one of his knees if he doesn't drink enough. I'm really trying to drink more. He announces, "Bottle number 4/5/6!" and I feel like I should drink another bottle or 2.

I'm going to aim for 16/8. It might be closer to 15/9. DH wants dinner around 6 pm. I don't know if I can wait until 10 am for breakfast. We'll see!

DH is drinking more water, as he can feel a difference in one of his knees if he doesn't drink enough. I'm really trying to drink more. He announces, "Bottle number 4/5/6!" and I feel like I should drink another bottle or 2.
I don't think 1 hour will make a huge difference in the effects of the fast, so go with the 15/9 and what works for your schedule. I struggle too with drinking enough water, but I have come to find not only does it help flush your system but it relieves hunger and helps with energy levels while fasting. If I don't drink enough water I feel terrible.

Oh and I don't think the time of day you eat matters as long as its not too close to bed. I am doing 8 am to 4 pm eating window, I don't think I could go till 10 am before eating breakfast, I'd rather be hungry in the evening than morning.

Last edited:
It is quite easy, you are only allowed to eat 8 hrs a day, the rest of the time, you are just allowed to drink calorie free stuff ( no sweetener either) you shouldn’t eat 8 hrs long, just 2 regular meals. Since your body won’t have any food (calorie) input for 16 hrs, it can finally wind down and kind of start „cleaning up“ the body, instead of having to digest new food and pump out insulin all the time.

I am restricting my calories during the 8 hour window to 1,000 to 1,100 calories. I am also exercising, just finished rowing for 20 mins. Tomorrow is day 7 since starting this diet, I am trying to only get on the scale once a week. Tomorrow is weigh in day! :oops:

I am restricting my calories during the 8 hour window to 1,000 to 1,100 calories. I am also exercising, just finished rowing for 20 mins. Tomorrow is day 7 since starting this diet, I am trying to only get on the scale once a week. Tomorrow is weigh in day! :oops:
You probably don't need to weigh yourself weekly unless you find it super motivating. As women, our hormones fluctuate through the month and the scale does not always tell the proper story. It can be discouraging when there's no reason for it, you know?

Back
Top Bottom