16/8 Intermittent Fasting, has anyone tried it?

During my work days, it's not quite 16/8, closer to 14/10. Might be those extra two hours, but all it does for me is make me feel ill
Those 2 hours do make a huge difference. Adding an hour or two can change your body's chemistry. Drops in blood sugar can make you feel flu like. And everyone responds differently to fluctuating glucose levels.

My dad does 16/8 fasting. He says it makes him feel great and that his day will be ruined if eats anything before the end of the sixteen hours. That’s all the help I have to offer lol
Your gut really feels good after 16 hours of fasting, lifts your mood, glad your dad is enjoying it!

It is very beneficial for your body, I tried it, but have a weak stomach, so whenever I don’t eat regularly, I get a bad stomach pain which doesn’t go away, even after I have eaten something, so not for me. My brother-in-law had gout and inflamed intestine, he got well on it ( he only ate 3 days out of 7 like that, but he still had the health benefits, my sister said, he isn’t in a very good mood on his „diet“ days ) so, if you have the discipline for it , go for it !! It is also excellent if you have age related diabetes, it will improve your blood sugar in a good way, and if you also add regular exercise, it may even go away!
Fasting is not for everyone, thats for sure. If I go more than 24 hours, I can get like that, with stomach pains, dizzy and weak. Glad to hear your BIL got good results on it, this method definitely calms the gut. I am in my 60s and hoping to prevent any prediabetes, its amazing how much blood sugar levels effect how you feel. I would bet my glucose levels were climbing in the wrong direction recently, I think this method of eating is something I will stick to long after my goal is reached.

The problem with age related diabetes is, the body no longer reacts to insulin, so the blood sugar goes up, when you fast, the bloods sugar drops naturally, and you body isn’t forced to pump out insulin 24/7
Exactly, this is what I worry about, age related diabetes. I need to have my sweet tooth removed. :lol:

:pop

I've been thinking of trying this. I stepped on the scale yesterday and really didn't like the number.

I'm assuming water is allowed in the fasting period, right? I'm really trying to drink more water.
You can drink anything that won't raise your Insulin.
I do 16/8 3 times a week and 21/3 2 times a week.
In the link I posted you can find stories of pepole with 4 stage cancer that have been cured completely with prolonged fasting.

Back
Top Bottom