16 weeks old now.. guessing our Brahma is a Roo?

Hmmmm, I would still be suspicious of it being a late blooming cockerel... it has white wing bars and kind of a funny pattern... and I personally feel that’s a lot of wattle development if it’s a pullet. My single combed pullets have hardly any wattles til they’re closer to laying age... and yeah, this bird is 16 weeks, but if there’s Brahma in there and it’s slow developing... 🤔 I’m on the fence. I would be looking for evidence of shiny, pointy saddles coming in under those pretty round feathers. I’m not giving a definite opinion just yet. Lol.

Hmmmm, I would still be suspicious of it being a late blooming cockerel... it has white wing bars and kind of a funny pattern... and I personally feel that’s a lot of wattle development if it’s a pullet. My single combed pullets have hardly any wattles til they’re closer to laying age... and yeah, this bird is 16 weeks, but if there’s Brahma in there and it’s slow developing... 🤔 I’m on the fence. I would be looking for evidence of shiny, pointy saddles coming in under those pretty round feathers. I’m not giving a definite opinion just yet. Lol.
That wing patch is pretty sketch. At 16 weeks I'd expect more male traits to be visible though.

Update us in a few weeks, OP. Your bird is an interesting case.

At 16 weeks I'd expect to see some rooster saddle feathers on a male. Maybe not for a slow developer, but I wouldn't be too sure to say "cockerel" without seeing male hackles and saddles at that age. :)
Missed the age. Not so confident anymore, still not a brahma.

Though, still not fully convinced pullet as everyone else seems to be.

Comb/waddles are small. Point for pullet.

But, pattern is splotchy and I do believe I see saddles starting to come through, though, I could be playing a trick on myself.

Not convinced pullet yet. Plead your cases. :old

Back
Top Bottom