16 weeks old now.. guessing our Brahma is a Roo?

Were you planning on breeding him? Brahmas should have pea combs, he has a single.
He doesnt have a single he does have a pea comb. I can get a better image for you its just the centre comb bit is prominent but he has one either side of that too. And no wasn't planning on breeding him.

That wing patch is pretty sketch. At 16 weeks I'd expect more male traits to be visible though.

Update us in a few weeks, OP. Your bird is an interesting case.
I'll get some more pics of him today and try and get close up of his comb etc.. difficult cos he is never still 😆 thank you

Oh yeah, and in the pic where the patch is on the wing and the bird is leaning down, there’s a suspicious reddish feather that I’m hoping is a trick of the light and not leakage starting to poke out.
I noticed this and I've never seen that before on him.. I need to check if its dirt or actual colouring. Ill investigate further today (6.30am here just now 😊)

Hi, OK, you were right it is leakage.
Close up of his comb too. There a a smaller comb either side of the central one.
And some more feather detail.

We don't plan on breeding from him.

We had a very broody light Sussex last year, tried everything to break it but couldn't so ended up going to a local 'petting farm' if you know what I mean who had hatching eggs for sale and this one was marked brahma (as was another but turned out to be infertile) so I've not seen the parents etc as at the time the farm was closed other than the farm shop where the eggs were (covid19 restrictions)

I hope that gives a bit more background info.

We didn't think he was in anyway show/breed worthy as have googled a lot and couldn't find anything that looks like him at all so guess he wasn't.. as he should be 😆 but he has a pet home with us and we do think he's very pretty 😊

Attachments

• 20210127_075933.jpg
    20210127_075933.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210127_080004.jpg
    20210127_080004.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210127_080017.jpg
    20210127_080017.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210127_080050.jpg
    20210127_080050.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210127_080022.jpg
    20210127_080022.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 9
Close up of his comb too. There a a smaller comb either side of the central one.

We had a very broody light Sussex last year, tried everything to break it but couldn't so ended up going to a local 'petting farm' if you know what I mean who had hatching eggs for sale and this one was marked brahma (as was another but turned out to be infertile) so I've not seen the parents etc as at the time the farm was closed other than the farm shop where the eggs were (covid19 restrictions)

We didn't think he was in anyway show/breed worthy as have googled a lot and couldn't find anything that looks like him at all so guess he wasn't.. as he should be 😆 but he has a pet home with us and we do think he's very pretty 😊
Yeah, he’s definitely a cockerel. Likely a Brahma mix.

Well I’ll be.... he’s got himself a little pippin poppin, peapod, pea comb. Sure didn’t look like it in the first pics. I still remain firmly seated in the cockerel train car. Choo! Choo!

Edited because I hit send before I meant to.

Back
Top Bottom