16 x 12 Coop

Pics
Yesterday I made them a portable roost to replace the low one I originally made. Had to make it long enough for 12 chicks.
roost-01.jpg
roost-02.jpg

JT

I’ve noticed my RIRs are very much into the love me attitude, always wanting to be petted and loved on.

My RIR's were like that when they were pullets. Only Monique still sits on my shoulder regularly, occasionally Pig Pen joins her on the other shoulder. Sweet Pea used to sit on my lap and snuggle up to me.

JT

This morning they were flying back and forth in the brooder so I opened up the back half a day sooner than planned. Removed the paper towels from the front and added more pine chips.
brooder-27.jpg

JT

I modified the second VN water station by adding a couple of repair sleeves and bending a standoff to fit the new wider diameter. Now I can remove the water station by loosening the wing nut and pull straight up.

The original one I had to remove the screw and spread the standoff apart to get the water tube out. Not much fun...
waterer-10.jpg

Mk II or III I forget lol.
waterer-12.jpg

JT

JT

How’s the little ones doing JT?

A lot of growing happened in the last couple of days, They can fly pretty good for being only 8 days old.

I wonder what the view was up there so I just walked up the old man's arm to his shoulder to find out.
5-6-20-01.jpg

Hey big chicken it's hard to read that sign upside down...
5-7-20-01.jpg

Hey what a cool place to perch...
5-7-20-02.jpg

I'm wondering how long they will stay in the brooder...

JT

Back
Top Bottom