16 x 12 Coop

I added another perch and figured out a quicker way to make it using the band saw. I'm going to reverse the two perches so the low one is under the fan.

pearch-05.jpg

JT

We went to Cape Girardeau yesterday to get the Honda serviced. After that on my relentless search for some more 1" x 1" cage wire for the Cinnamon Queens run we went to TSC but all they had was a roll of 1" x 2" which I have some of that. The wife said how far is Stone's from here? It's in Perryville about 35 minutes from here... so we headed to Perryville to get some brats and sweet baloney and cheese curds. When we got there we discovered a Buchheit's store on 51. So after getting our goodies we stopped in there to see what they had.

Much to our surprise they had 2 rolls of 1" x 1" x 24" cage wire 25' long :wee which is enough to finish the run. I also found a couple of rolls of hardware cloth and some 3/4" fence staples. Who would have thought it would get this hard to find staple items...
cage-wire.jpg

JT

I made a test feeder for out in the run and so far it's working. I have a few minor changes to make in the size but just cobbled this up to test with. One even jumped on it and it did not turn over so that is good. The trough is a bit small so I'll make it bigger and raise it up an inch or so which will make the legs wider.
feeder-mk5-01.jpg

JT

Got my Thousand Dollar Egg today from Veronica. The Cinnamon Queen pullets are 17 weeks old today! Veronica is an over achiever for sure laying a 63 gram perfect egg 3 weeks early.

This is where I found it this afternoon while being a Chicken Tender.
8-26-20-01.jpg'

Veronica is saying "Letgo my Eggo"... in chicken speak of course.
8-26-20-02.jpg

JT

We went to Cape Girardeau yesterday to get the Honda serviced. After that on my relentless search for some more 1" x 1" cage wire for the Cinnamon Queens run we went to TSC but all they had was a roll of 1" x 2" which I have some of that. The wife said how far is Stone's from here? It's in Perryville about 35 minutes from here... so we headed to Perryville to get some brats and sweet baloney and cheese curds. When we got there we discovered a Buchheit's store on 51. So after getting our goodies we stopped in there to see what they had.

Much to our surprise they had 2 rolls of 1" x 1" x 24" cage wire 25' long :wee which is enough to finish the run. I also found a couple of rolls of hardware cloth and some 3/4" fence staples. Who would have thought it would get this hard to find staple items...
View attachment 2283445

JT
Congrats on the "good score"! I (we) love Brats and Cheese Curds (I'm from MN and my Wife is from WI)! What I just found on , Sweet Bologna has me wanting to try it!

Oh yeah... agreed on the basic stuff being hard to find these days. I pray it does NOT get any worse!

Best regards,

Willie

I finally finished up knitting a 10' long one piece MDF poop table top. I butt glued the two pieces together then glued doublers at the joint and around the perimeter. Then I gave it a coat of sanding sealer and two coats of polyurethane.

poop-tray-06.jpg

Here I managed to get the top down from the shop into the front of the coop, I had to get my buddy Ricky to help put it in place... not a lot of room to work with a 10' x 32" table top in a 8' x 12' coop!

poop-tray-07.jpg

It's been in place for a few days now and the polyurethane is doing it's job and no more swelling and sticking of less than ideal poop.

JT

not a lot of room to work with a 10' x 32" table top in a 8' x 12' coop!
Probably hard to take a pic of it in place too, eh?

It's been in place for a few days now and the polyurethane is doing it's job and no more swelling and sticking of less than ideal poop.
Are you using PDZ?
What was surface before?

Vinyl still works good here, even mostly during below freezing temps they pop off.

Back
Top Bottom