16 year old Goldilocks laid an egg.

Go, Goldie!
wee.gif

Sooooooo, how long to chickens ususally live? I am a newbee with six month old girls. I thought they lived 5-6 years. I have heard they stop laying at three years......clearly not accurate info! Yipee......we get more time with our little friends!

Thankyou, i will let you know how we go with Guiness!
Does anyone know if she is a buff orp?
I only have silkies so im not up to speed with the other breeds.
Goldie had some cat food mince this morning, that is her fave treat.

Guiness migh tbe difficult, they'll probably want proof of age, and I'm not sure how you'll prove she laid the egg - they can be picky, most records have to be witnessed by someone - or better, one of their own people or on tape/film.

I hope they put her in though - that would be too cool!
lol.png

Yes thanks, I have told guiness the breeders details, and she is a well respected lady who would be able to sign a declaration of some sort.
I have plenty of witnesses who were around when i first got her, She was in my First ever batch of hens all that time ago, her friends have all moved on, most of my girls die of old age or with my help if they are suffering.
Anyhow, hopefully there is some way to prove her age without a birth certificate!!!
Im sure ive got old photos with her in the background, but what matters most is our family and close friends know how old she is for our own family record book!!

Back
Top Bottom