1602 Square-Hova-Bator Incubator.....does it come ready to go???

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
Okay, I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm making big plans for the future without my husband's knowledge
big_smile.png
and I want to know if the 1602 Square-Hova-Bator Incubator comes with everything I need to start. I'm also wondering if egg turners are a necessity, or if there's a cheaper than $40 egg turner that I can rig up. How dependent is this model/brand??? I've been reading a lot about these on the posts, and everything seems good....also, is $40 a good price for one??? (Cutler's Supply)

Those are the most very basic incubators. They come with nothing extra. It is a styrofoam box with the heating element and the thermostat you have to regulate yourself.

You will be much happier if you save your money and buy direct from GQF , the makers of Hovabator , and get a Genesis 1588 . It is the best incubator in this class for the price. They will run about $116 plus shipping. Theturners are separate. Hand turning looses its novelty quick. If you can save up and get the turner you'll be very glad you did.

The 1588 is basically plug n play. Everything is preset. You add eggs, water and wait 21 days for your chicks to hatch.
smile.png

I have 3 of these.

P.S. bumping posts is against the forum rules. Sorry, but I would be remiss in my duties if I didn't ask you to please read and follow the rules .

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.​

SORRY!!!!!!! Must have missed that one!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, and I won't do that again!!!!
sad.png
hit.gif

You know, when we were growing up and my dad was building smokers for meat, that was the same question he used to ask. What he would do is get like three thermometers, put them all in the same place, and see if they all read the same temp. I'm sure there's an easier way, but he figured that at least 2 out of the three should be right.

INCUBATING: so with the 1588 The Genesis Hova-Bator do I need a water wiggler????

Back
Top Bottom