17 week old Australorp

tinyangel

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2016
Norway
Hi! I have 6 17week old australorps, and I am pretty sure that 5 of them are roo's
1f605.png
What fo you guys think?
[/IMG][/IMG]

All got rooster tails and combs except your dark grey and silver chook. See how she has no long feathers growing from the back above the tail feathers and her neck feathering is rounder, the boys have pointier, longer neck feathering, also roosters combs always grow bigger and earlier than chooks. My month olds I can tell two of five are roos cos their combs are three times the size already.

All got rooster tails and combs except your dark grey and silver chook. See how she has no long feathers growing from the back above the tail feathers and her neck feathering is rounder, the boys have pointier, longer neck feathering, also roosters combs always grow bigger and earlier than chooks. My month olds I can tell two of five are roos cos their combs are three times the size already.

Mhm.. but what do you think about the black on in picture number four? Is it possible that this one maaay be a hen?

Mhm.. but what do you think about the black on in picture number four? Is it possible that this one maaay be a hen?

Nope, sorry. Just a slower developing cockerel. Look at the difference between his build and the definite pullet's. He's rangy, leggy, longer tail.

I also see just the one girl.

I think he is just slower developing, sorry, less dominant roos tend to develop slower. His tail feathers are longer and of different shape to the pullet. Could be possible, but not likely I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom