17 week old Australorp

You need more hens, or separate all but one rooster when they start to crow, please. They will kill her if you leave them all together when they are sexually mature. All of the five boys will be jumping on her all day long, she wouldn't last long like that.

You need more hens, or separate all but one rooster when they start to crow, please. They will kill her if you leave them all together when they are sexually mature. All of the five boys will be jumping on her all day long, she wouldn't last long like that.
Yes off course we will remove four of the roos! None of them have startet to crow yet, but when they do they are gone. And is it okay with one rooster and one hen, yes?

Thanks for all the answers, and I understand that my guesses are right about them
1f60c.png

I have one roo with one hen in one of my pens. It seems fine, just make sure she has a roost to get up on to escape if he bothers her too much. He only hassles her when she is on the ground, if she gets fed up she flies up and sits up there for a while to get away.

I have one roo with one hen in one of my pens. It seems fine, just make sure she has a roost to get up on to escape if he bothers her too much. He only hassles her when she is on the ground, if she gets fed up she flies up and sits up there for a while to get away.

Yup, we have one roost in the henhouse and one outside in their yard
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Well, it is sad that from 6 chickens there were only one hen, but thats life(we didnt pick them out, they were the ones left)! BUT HEY, my chicken-gender-senses arent all bad then
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom